Acticated Carbon (AC) Systems
Activated Carbon is a very fine, dusty and colouring product; it is therefore not a product suited for handling inside a factory environment. At DSSE we recommend to install an AC dosing unit in a designated area separate from the sweetener processing.
The AC powder is prepared as a concentrated slurry and pumped by a dosing pump into the slurry down the stream of protein filtration.
The DSSE Candle Filter is developed for filtration of various aqueous sugar and sweetener solutions in connection with carbon treatment.
When the pressure difference over the filter reach a certain level, the filter is automatically cleaned by a powerful burst of pressurized air.
- Long lifetime of candles compared with ceramic candle filters
- Optimum utilization of carbon
- Easy to clean
- Cleaning of filter unit can take place without opening or disassembling the filter
- Automatic cleaning system available
- No spillage during cleaning
- Available in sizes covering a wide range of capacities
- Optimal filter area / filter volume
- Candles specially designed for long lifetime and high performance
- Uniform distribution of carbon without blocking candles over an extended period of time
- Cleaning of filter unit can take place without opening or disassembling the filter, giving no spillage of product / used carbon
- tank and top plate are made of mild steel coated with Rilsan
- candles containing filtersocks of synthetic material and support netting of stainless steel