- Optimal contact between dextrose, hydrogen and catalyst
- Optimal utilization of catalyst
- Easy test sampling during production
- Working pressure and temperature adapted to provide shorter reaction time
- Resistant against tear and wear
- Different sizes. Production capacity from 700 kg/h to 2,000 kg/h
- Batch-wise hydrogenation
- Special agitator designed for high circulation rate.
- The Hydrogenator is designed to give optimal conditions for agitation (height/diameter relation, baffles etc.)
- Special sampling system, which allows sampling even at highest pressure and temperature.
- Combined heating and cooling coil with high efficiency.
- All parts in contact with the product are made of stainless steel.
The DSSE Hydrogenator is developed for hydrogenation of dextrose to sorbitol. In the Hydrogenator a dextrose solution (DS 50%), containing an activated nickel catalyst, is heated and exposed to hydrogen under high pressure. The DSSE Hydrogenator works under a pressure of approximately 50 bar (g) and a temperature of 140ºC. The process is batch-wise and the total time per charge amounts to 5-8 hours depending on the process design.
The reaction takes place theoretically as follows:
C6H12O6 + H2 -> C6H14O6 + 57.4 kJoule/kmol